Position: Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator (Full-time, 40 hours/week)
Reports to: Director of Development
Compensation: Between $13 – $15/hour depending on experience, plus health insurance stipend and paid vacation, holiday, and sick time.
About the position: Store to Door seeks an experienced Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator to recruit, train, and support volunteers in service of the organization’s mission. This position will have a focus on building corporate volunteer partnerships. We desire candidates who have a passion for serving elders and are professional, friendly, and organized.
About us: Store to Door facilitates independent living for Portland area seniors and adults with disabilities by providing a low-cost, personalized grocery shopping and delivery service. Our goal is to help homebound people maintain their independence, increase their social supports, and to provide access to other services that support aging-in-place. With the support of 250+ volunteers, Store to Door makes 7,000 deliveries of groceries, prescription medications, and personal care items to 400 people in Multnomah and Washington Counties each year.
Goals for 1st year of employment:
1) Secure three new on-going corporate volunteer commitments.
2) Increase overall volunteer hours contributed by 10%.
3) Support the process of engaging new corporate donors.
1) Recruit volunteers by identifying and contacting corporate and business partner prospects, publishing recruitments in print and online, scheduling and attending outreach fairs and events, and collaborating with Hands On Greater Portland.
2) Screen volunteer applications and conduct interviews. Refine Store to Door’s application process as needed. Place volunteers in appropriate positions based on volunteer preferences/skills, program protocols, logistics, and geographic location.
3) Train and provide orientation for volunteer groups and individuals. Provide information on program history and procedures; volunteer roles and expectations; aging and social services currently available to elders in our community; and strategies for facilitating client self-advocacy and gatekeeper advocacy. Conduct job specific training (order taking, shopping, delivery, or administrative).
4) Provide ongoing volunteer management, support, and recognition. Manage volunteer database and provide monthly reports. Maintain positive relationships with volunteers and corporate contacts via email, telephone, and in person. Organize volunteer/partner appreciation and networking events. Collaborate with Program Manager, Director of Development, and other staff to ensure all program and volunteer needs are met effectively in a timely manner.
5) Evaluate the impact of Store to Door’s volunteer program and measure volunteer satisfaction by utilizing annual surveys.
6) Support other Store to Door activities and perform other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Community Engagement, Social Work, or Nonprofit Management course of study preferred).
• 2 years of experience in the nonprofit sector.
• Demonstrated success managing or coordinating volunteers, preferably highly skilled corporate volunteers.
• Competence in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with professional databases.
• Interest in senior services and community engagement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
• Self-directed worker with ability to both lead and collaborate.
• Professional and friendly demeanor.
• Comfort with public speaking.
• Willingness to participate in fundraising activities.
How to Apply:
• Email résumé and cover letter to Katharine Quince, Director of Development, (Katharine@StoretoDoorofOregon.org) before 4pm on December 5th.
• Write in email subject line “Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator.”
• **Please limit both résumé and cover letter to one page each. **
Thank you for your interest in joining Store to Door’s fun and productive team.
We look forward to hearing from you!