Store to Door has attained many achievements and received many awards since it began in 1989. We are the preferred provider for shopping assistance by Multnomah and Washington Counties and Store to Door is the only organization in the state of Oregon that is permitted to utilize a client’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits on their behalf. Store to Door was honored by Portland Monthly Magazine and the Oregon Community Foundation as a nonprofit organization “whose extraordinary acts of service have raised the quality of lives in Portland.”
- Points of Light Award to Board Member Jean Pierce (2016)
- Portland Monthly’s Light a Fire Award to Volunteer Eleanore Rubinstein (2015)
- Governor’s Award for Outstanding Nonprofit Volunteer Programs Recipient (2014)
- Portland Monthly’s Light a Fire Awards to Volunteer Connie Kramer (2014)
- Hands On Greater Portland and the Portland Trailblazers Volunteer Innovation Award Recipient (2012)
- Oregonian’s Season of Sharing Wishbook Focus Recipient (2009)
- We serve 572 homebound elders and adults with disabilities.
- It takes 905 volunteers serving 17,182 hours to support the program.
- In 2016, our volunteers and staff made 8,652 grocery deliveries and friendly visits.
- The average age of our clients is 76.
- 14% of our clients are over the age of 90.
- 80% of our clients are female.
- 90% of our clients live alone.
- 99% of clients report that our service helps them maintain their independence.
- 99% of clients also report that they feel more socially supported after enrolling in our program.