Named Outstanding Nonprofit Volunteer Program – 2014 Governor’s Volunteer Award
- We shop every Wednesday and Thursday, 8:30 am-11 am at the Hollywood-West Fred Meyer.
- Grocery shopping can be a one-time experience or on-going.
- Volunteers are not responsible for purchasing any groceries.
- You can shop individually or with a partner.
- Volunteer Shoppers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or chaperone.
- Grocery shopping is great for work, school, or church groups (10 volunteers max).
- It’s like a scavenger hunt for a cause!
- Individuals can sign up on Hands On Greater Portland
- Groups can sign up by emailing Amanda@StoretoDoorofOregon.org
Take Grocery Orders:
- Call clients each week to help them place their grocery orders.
- Weekly commitment, 2-3 hours on one day a week (Monday or Tuesday) for at least 6 months.
- Take orders over the phone in our office or remotely from your home or work.
- Order Takers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or chaperone.
- Background check required.
- Email Amanda@StoretoDoorofOregon.org to find out what shifts we have open.
- Weekly commitment, 2-3 hours on one day a week (Wednesday or Thursday) for at least 6 months.
- Groceries are picked up from the Hollywood Fred Meyer between 12-1 pm.
- You would deliver to similar clients each week so that you can build relationships with our clients.
- Delivery Drivers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or chaperone.
- Drivers must use their own vehicle, but can be reimbursed $.50 per mile for gas.
- Email Amanda@StoretoDoorofOregon.org to find out what routes we have open.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities:
Administrative Support: Help with filing, database management, and other useful tasks in the office.
- The minimum age to volunteer as an Administrative Volunteer is 16 years of age.
Community Engagement: Tell people about us at local festivals and farmer’s markets.
Ready to volunteer? Please complete the form below.
Contact Amanda McIver at 503-200-3333 x008 with questions.